Re: EbscoHost (Susan Sturgeon) ERCELAA@ctrvax.Vanderbilt.Edu 24 Apr 2000 14:02 UTC

Date: Sat, 22 Apr 2000 15:28:02 -0400
From: "Susan E. Sturgeon" <ssturgeo@SALEM.MASS.EDU>
Subject: Re: EbsoHost (Sandy Srivastava)

Although not in California, the NOBLE (the North of Boston Library
Exchange) Consortium is using EbscoHost and likes it very much.  We did a
use studey based on the EbscoHost titles and if full-text titles were not
being used in their print versions, we have cancelled them.  We have
cancelled 20% of our collection.  So far there have been few
repurcussions, but time may tell.
Susan

> Date: Fri, 21 Apr 2000 15:40:50 +0300
> From: Sandhya Srivastava <Sandhya.Srivastava@LIU.EDU>
> Sender: "SEREDIT:  SERIALST Editors" <SEREDIT@LIST.UVM.EDU>
>
> I have read in the quarterly publication put out by Ebsco called At Your =
> Service, that California State University colleges are using their =
> serial online database called EbscoHost.  I would like to hear from =
> those of you who are using this database if this is working well for =
> you.  I would also like to know if the California State colleges have =
> stopped their print subscriptions once they went to the online database. =
>  Was this done on a subject basis or were all the subscriptions done at =
> once?  Did all campuses go online at the same time or separately?
>
> Thank you for your comments.
>
> Sandy Srivastava
> Long Island University
> Brooklyn Campus