Re: Serials holdings question (Doug Conrads) Marcia Tuttle 10 Apr 2000 17:31 UTC

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Mon, 10 Apr 2000 07:37:51 -0500
From: Doug Conrads <dconrads@STATELIB.LIB.IN.US>
Subject: Re: Serials holdings question (Elizabeth Fenwick)

Elizabeth,

Back in June of 1999 when ANSI/NISO Z39.71-1999 was published, my state OCLC
Network (INCOLSA) talked with Myrtle Myers at OCLC.  At that time Ms. Myers
said that OCLC did intend to implement Z39.71-1999, but that " ... there
will be a few changes that OCLC users will need to make."  Ms. Myers was to
outline more information at the OCLC UL User's Group meeting at ALA, and
make her presentation available to networks later.  I have not heard or seen
any documentation from OCLC about the changes OCLC users will need to make
to the standard.

Doug Conrads
Serials and Federal Documents Cataloger
Indiana State Library
Catalog Division -- Room 260
140 N. Senate Ave.
Indianapolis, IN 46204-2296
voice: (317) 232-3686
fax: (317) 232-3728
e-mail: dconrads@statelib.lib.in.us

--
Doug Conrads
Serials and Federal Documents Cataloger
Indiana State Library (Regional Depository 0170)