Time for a break . . . (Jeanette Skwor) Marcia Tuttle 12 Apr 2000 23:17 UTC

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Wed, 12 Apr 2000 13:06:01 -0500
From: "Skwor, Jeanette" <skworj@UWGB.EDU>
Subject: Time for a break . . .

. . . and a smile.  I was given this by a coworker in library school.  It
was included in her textbook, Developing Library and Information Center
Collections, in, of course, the chapter on serials.

        The publisher is my tormentor.  I shall not smile:
        He maketh me to work all day at my desk.
        He leadeth me astray with misnumbered issues:
        His Roman numerals confoundeth me:
        He changeth titles over and over for His own sake.
        Yea, when I walk through the shadow of missing or irregular
             issues, I can find no respite, for He has moved.
        He answereth not my letters, nor useth the correct mailing label;
        He starteth not when I ask and quiteth before it is time;
        My work never endeth.
        Rising prices and duplicate issues shall follow me all the days of
my life
        And I shall moan and groan in the library forever.

Or, as we say here at Cofrin Library, Job Security . . .  ;)

 Jeanette Skwor     Cofrin Library     Serials Dept.
University of WI-Green Bay
Phone: (920) 465-2670       Fax: (920) 465-2783

For him that stealeth a Book from this Library, let it change into a serpent
in his hand and rend him.  Let him be struck with Palsy, and all his Members
blasted.  Let him languish in Pain crying aloud for Mercy and let there be
no sur-cease to his agony till he sink in Dissolution.  Let Bookworms gnaw
his Entrails in token of the Worm that dieth not, and when at last he goeth
to his final Punishment, let the flames of Hell consume him for ever and
aye.
     - Curse Against Book Stealers
       Monastery of San Pedro, Barcelona