Re: Periodicals with CDs (Jeanette Skwor) ERCELAA@ctrvax.Vanderbilt.Edu 20 Apr 2000 13:32 UTC

Date: Thu, 20 Apr 2000 07:58:05 -0500
From: "Skwor, Jeanette" <skworj@UWGB.EDU>
Subject: Re: Periodicals with CDs

***Cofrin library evaluates also.  Supplementary CDs are generally put in a
pocket in the back of the issue to which they are supplement.  A very few
others (2 index CDs that come to mind) are put in stand alone cases and
shelved with the periodical title.   Notes are added to the bib record in
either case.   !Free!  500 hours of AOL! gets trashed :)

        Jeanette Skwor     Cofrin Library     Serials Dept.
                        University of WI-Green Bay
        Phone: (920) 465-2670       Fax: (920) 465-2783

For him that stealeth a Book from this Library, let it change into a
serpent in his hand and rend him.  Let him be struck with Palsy, and all
his Members blasted.  Let him languish in Pain crying aloud for Mercy
and let there be no sur-cease to his agony till he sink in Dissolution.
Let Bookworms gnaw his Entrails in token of the Worm that dieth not, and
when at last he goeth to his final Punishment, let the flames of Hell
consume him for ever and aye.
     - Curse Against Book Stealers
       Monastery of San Pedro, Barcelona

Date: Wed, 19 Apr 2000 14:42:20 -0500
From: Anne Frohlich <frohlich@MAIL.MCNEESE.EDU>
Subject: Re: Periodicals with CDs (Caroline Dean)

Please reply to the list.  We struggle with this too.  Right now we
evaluate the CD's; if they are advertising, we toss them.   If they relate
to the journal, we send them for cataloging and place them on reserve.