Re: Periodicals with CDs (Peter Picerno) ERCELAA@ctrvax.Vanderbilt.Edu 20 Apr 2000 13:34 UTC

Date: Wed, 19 Apr 2000 17:11:06 -0500
From: Peter Picerno <ppicerno@CHOCTAW.ASTATE.EDU>
Subject: FW: Periodicals with CDs (Caroline Dean)

Thanks for bringing up this issue, which is one that we've dealt with some
here but not yet in a highly effective or efficient (to my mind, anyway)
way. What we do with both serials and monographs that have accompanying CDs
is to note in the place where the CD would be that the CD is on closed
shelf. The CDs are put into jewel cases and are kept at the circ desk so
that they can be checked in and out with the accompanying material.
Please send a summary of other responses that you get (or forward the
Good luck!

Peter Picerno

Dr. Peter V. Picerno
Collection Development Librarian
Dean B. Ellis Library
P O Box 2040 - 108 Cooley Drive
Arkansas State University
State University, AR 72467
(870) 972-3078
(870) 972-3199 FAX
ppicerno@choctaw.astate.edu

Date: Wed, 19 Apr 2000 18:47:52 SAST-2
From: Caroline Dean <caroline@CURIE.UCT.AC.ZA>
Subject: periodicals with CDs

What is everybody doing with CDs that accompany periodical issues ?
The University of Cape Town libraries are wanting to set up a
protocol on how to handle these CDs and we are seeking advice. Where,
 and how, do we keep them so that they are accessible to anyone who
might want to view them? And what records do we keep? And what have
we not yet thought about?

Please send any ideas to me directly:
caroline@curie.uct.ac.za.

Many thanks