Re: Non-smear stamp for periodicals (2 messages) ERCELAA@ctrvax.Vanderbilt.Edu 03 May 2000 13:51 UTC

2 messages:

1)______

Date: Wed, 03 May 2000 07:42:02 -0500
From: "Connie C. Craig" <cccraig@MTSU.EDU>
Subject: Re: Non-smear stamp for periodicals

    The questions concerning the non smear stamp for glossy periodicals
proved to be a serious problem for our music research library.
A vast majority of our publications are glossy.  I have found that by using
a special ink pad with cellophane /wax paper ink...the type used on glossy
professional photographs...the stamp works fine and does not smear- dries
quickly.  The ink is not
cheap, however.   Hope this helps someone!!
--
Connie C. Craig
Serials Management

2)______

Date: Wed, 03 May 2000 07:19:44 -0600
From: Rebecca Bernal <bbernal@MESASTATE.EDU>

Our library has been using a self-inking date stamp for about a
year now.  We stamp all the covers (including the glossy),
and the ink never smears.  The stamp is called "self-inking
custom made Xstamper" and is manufactured by  Shachihata Inc.
I believe we paid about $60 for this date stamp, but it has a
lifetime warranty and has been well worth the initial cost.

Becky Bernal
Tomlinson Library