Re: Job Description(s) for Serials Librarians June Rutkowski 30 May 2000 16:20 UTC

Carolyn,

Here at the Widener Library serials acquisitions and cataloging functions
are separate.  We have a Team Leader for Serials Cataloging, who is part
of the Cataloging Services Dept.

We have a Team Leader for Serial Records, that's me, who is responsible
for the staff who do check-in, subscription renewal, invoice payment,
claiming, some ordering, and all the problem solving related to those
functions.

We also have a Head of Periodical Room Services who is responsible for the
public-service end of serials.

None of us has direct responsibility for ILS maintainence.  Some of us are
currently involved in committee work related to evaluating new IL Systems
to replace our dear old HOLLIS system.

June Rutkowski
Team Leader for Serial Records
Room 196