Re: Browsing items? Stephanie Willen Brown 09 May 2000 14:33 UTC

The Avery company makes some great non-permanent-but-still-sticky
labels.  I use them to route journals to library staff.  They stay on long
enough for routing but are fairly easy to remove.  These "non-permanent"
labels come in many standard Avery sizes.

Before I found these, I was stapling small routing slips to the covers of
journals, but the staples weren't as easy to remove.

hth

At 05:02 PM 5/8/00 -0400, angry beaver wrote:
>We have some items that we put on browsing shelves for a limited time.  We
>used to put labels on them, but the labels were hard to get off when the
>item was no longer a browsing item.
>
>Another university staples a brightly colored piece of paper to the front
>cover of the item.  I'm trying to think of something that won't leave
>holes or sticky residue.  Any ideas?
>
>University of the
>Sciences in Philadelphia
>JW England Library
>Serials Department
>4200 Woodland Avenue
>Philadelphia, PA 19104
>
>         From: angry beaver <olatunde@SHRSYS.HSLC.ORG>

= - = - = - = - = - = - = - = - = -
Stephanie Willen Brown
Serials/Reference Librarian
Rensselaer at Hartford
860.548.2461
browns@rh.edu

There are times when I think that the ideal library is composed solely of
reference books. They are like understanding friends -- always ready to
meet yo$
mood, always ready to change the subject when you have had enough of this
or that.

- J. Donald Adams, NY Times, 1956