Re: Electronic Serial Records -- Beth Guay Stephen D. Clark 13 Jun 2000 12:22 UTC

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Electronic Serial Records -- P. Michelle Fiander
Date: Mon, 12 Jun 2000 16:22:18 -0400
From: Beth Guay <bg53@umail.umd.edu>

Hi Michelle,
I have noticed institution specific notes in the 506 field, though I
couldn't
say how prevalent that tendency has been. The CONSER Editing Guide,
under "506
Restrictions on access Note," instructs the cataloger that "These
restrictions
must apply to all copies of a serial. Local restrictions may be input in
a 590
note."

Though it may require an extra step on the part of the inputting
cataloger to
input a 506 and a 590, it is one greatly appreciated by this fellow
cataloger
in electronic resources cataloging land!
Thanks,
Beth

Beth Guay
Serials Cataloger