Encumbrance question for Innopac users (Anita Dawson) ERCELAA@ctrvax.Vanderbilt.Edu 11 Jul 2000 18:36 UTC

Date: Tue, 11 Jul 2000 09:03:36 -0500
From: Anita Dawson <adawson@TULSALIBRARY.ORG>
Subject: Encumbrance question for Innopac Users

This is for libraries that use Innopac.

We have been Innopac users for a year and when our serial orders were
established I was not involved in the
initial set up of the orders.  However, I now supervise serial
acquisitions.  The past fiscal year there
were no encumbrances for standing orders and subscriptions.  From what I am
understanding so far the order
status codes are the key to encumbering funds.  All of our standing orders
status codes were input using code f.  I do not want to use status code "g"
which encumbers only at the fund level.  I want to use the code "c" with an
estimated price in the EPRICE on the order.  I also understand that "c"
will change to d or e after invoices are paid and each year the orders will
need to be changed back to "c" with a revised EPRICE. (That is if I am
understanding correctly)

I have tried to encumber funds on the fund records using status c and an
amount in the EPRICE field on the orders but this isn't working.  The
encumbered amount on the funds remains $0.00.

Have any other Innopac users been successful with encumbering funds at the
order level?  I would appreciate
any advice.

Anita Dawson
Serial Supervisor