Re: ALA Program Announcement, ALCTS Survey Workshop (Cynthia Coulter) ERCELAA@ctrvax.Vanderbilt.Edu 12 Jul 2000 18:08 UTC

Date: Wed, 12 Jul 2000 09:46:38 -0500
From: "Cynthia M. Coulter" <cynthia.coulter@UNI.EDU>
Subject: Re: ALA Program Announcement, ALCTS Survey Workshop (Deborah VanPetten)

Deborah,

We had 157 people attend when we expected around 80.  Wonderful!  We ran out of
handouts, and our speaker, Dr. John M. Kennedy (Director of the Center for Survey
Research at Indiana University), has promised to make his handout, which includes
copies of his PowerPoint slides, available at the following URL.

www.indiana.edu/~csr

I just checked and the documents have not appeared yet.  I just got back in town
myself and I know Dr. Kennedy planned a couple of days off after his presentation
Sunday, so check back next week.

Cynthia M. Coulter, chair
AS - Committee on Research and Statistics, 1999-2000

> Date: Mon, 03 Jul 2000 10:42:49 -0400
> From: "Deborah J. VanPetten" <dvanpett@VALDOSTA.EDU>
> Subject: Re: ALA Program Announcement, ALCTS Survey Workshop (Cynthia Coulter)
>
> I wish I was going to ALA this year. But I am not. Is it possible to get
> a copy of the handout from the session? Thanks.
>
> Deborah VanPetten
> Acquisitions Librarian
>

> > Date: Fri, 30 Jun 2000 14:49:53 -0500
> > From: "Cynthia M. Coulter" <cynthia.coulter@UNI.EDU>
> > Subject: ALA Program announcement, ALCTS Survey Workshop
> >
> > *********************
> > Everything You Always Wanted to Know about Creating a Survey,
> > But were
> > Afraid to Ask
> >
> > *********************
> >
> > First survey?  Nervous?  Want some hands-on experience in
> > creating it?
> >
> > Come and try it first with the advice of an expert.  Use our
> > assigned
> > research question and learn how to create a survey in a hands-on
> > setting
> > that will make your first one a little easier.
> >
> > Need a refresher course?
> >
> > This program will remind you when you should and shouldn't use a
> > survey
> > and how to avoid the most common mistakes of survey design.  Dr.
> > John M. Kennedy, Director of the Center for Survey Research at
> > Indiana University, will serve as your guide.
> >
> > Come to Room E353c of the McCormick Center on Sunday, July 9
> > from 2-5 p.m.
> >
> > *********************
> > Presented by ALCTS, Acquisitions Section, Committee on Research
> > and
> > Statistics

                               Cynthia M. Coulter
                   Head, Acquisitions Department