Re: Journals of Gerontology binding question (Teresa Saunders) ERCELAA@ctrvax.Vanderbilt.Edu 18 Jul 2000 17:17 UTC

Date: Tue, 18 Jul 2000 09:43:56 -0400
From: Teresa Saunders <saunderst@WCSU.EDU>
Subject: Re: Journals of Gerontology binding question (Betty Tobias)

I would only bind them if you thought your bindery company could handle it.
When I worked at a medical library we did separate on some journals page
sections like this, but for some the amount of pages was so small we
didn't. Occassionally a page or two would be lost in the separation.

Teresa Saunders
Library Technician
Robert S. Young Library
Western Connecticut State University
Danbury, CT 06810
(203) 837-9136
saunderst@wcsu.edu

____
Date: Tue, 18 Jul 2000 08:56:23 -0400
From: "Tobias, Betty" <btobias@RICHMOND.EDU>
Subject: binding

As an associate at a branch library, I also do the binding of serials.
How have other folks handled the title Journals of Gerontology Series A.?
this serial has B and M pages in each issue, and each section has its own
table of contents. Citation to the articles do include the B and M prefix.
Is it best to separate the sections and bind, such as vol. 54 B, 1999, and
vol. 54 M, 1999, so that patrons will know which vol. to use?

Betty Tobias
Science Library Associate
University of Richmond
Richmond, VA 23173