Re: ? wording on shelf dummies -- 2 messages Stephen D. Clark 24 Jul 2000 19:17 UTC

2 messages:

1)-------------------------------

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: ? wording on shelf dummies -- Steve Black
Date: Mon, 24 Jul 2000 11:49:48 -0500
From: Marcie Landeros <mlandero@HARPER.CC.IL.US>

Our shelf dummies are wooden blocks approximately 6 1/2 x 5 1/2 inches
or 9
inches x 6 inches. They are 1 inch thick. We have a label on the side,
which states:

Business Week
This title begins on Microfilm 1939-1968
  or
Business Week
This title continues on Microfilm Jan. 1965-
or
Business Week
This title shelved in Legal Reference

We've had no trouble with the labels being removed and a new label can
be
easily placed over the old label.

Since the dummies are wood, we've not yet had problems with people
trying
to read them and we've never once had problems with shredding.

2)---------------------------------
We would put on the spine of the book dummy:

Title

vols. or years

ON
MICROFILM

Shelved in

Microform Room

Spine label-w/call no.

The only problem we had was the shelvers turning the book dummies into
their
supervisor and they in turn giving them to us because they didn't know
why
they were on the shelf.  In the end the circulation superviser  took
them
all off the shelf because they just didn't understand the concept.