Tennis Illustrated - query (Sarah Tusa) Marcia Tuttle 10 Aug 2000 16:09 UTC

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Thu, 10 Aug 2000 09:06:28 -0500
From: Sarah Tusa <TUSA@ALMARK.LAMAR.EDU>
Subject: Tennis Illustrated - query

Hi!  I think I tried to look into this years ago, but probably did not
post it to this listserv, or I would know the answer already!

World Tennis ostensibly underwent a title change in 1991 to become
Tennis Illustrated.  In LCMarc, Tennis Illustrated (published by Family
Media) still has an open record.

In Ulrich's (CD-Rom) there is only one Tennis Illustrated listing, and
it appears to be a completely different publication.  Meanwhile, the
Ulrich's record for World Tennis indicates a status of "ceased" and makes
no mention of a title change.  I vaguely recall that we used to have a
couple more titles from Family Media that ceased around the same time,
but I would consider it a birthday present of great magnitude if someone
can confirm my suspicion that Tennis Illustrated ceased practically at
birth.  (I probably tried to call Family Media at some time in the past,
but this would save my library a toll call, if the publisher even still
exists.)

Thanks to all!

Sarah Tusa, Serials Acquisitions Librarian  <Tusa@almark.lamar.edu>
Lamar University
Beaumont, TX

PLEASE DO NOT POST RESPONSES TO THE LIST.  I WILL BE GLAD TO SHARE THE
FINAL VERDICT IF REQUESTED.  THANKS AGAIN!!