Electronic journals usage statistics (Priscilla A. Crane) Marcia Tuttle 10 Aug 2000 20:40 UTC

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Thu, 10 Aug 2000 15:18:27 -0400
From: Priscilla A Crane <pcrane@WAM.UMD.EDU>
Subject: Electronic journals usage statistics

Hello,
        I am a graduate student at the University of Maryland. I am
researching methods that libraries are currently using to acquire usage
statistics on electronic journals when none are being provided by the
vendor. The library I am working with offers over 400 titles and would
naturally like to know how they are being used. They are a federal library
serving the on site scientific community. The journals can be accessed by
any of the hundreds of computers that are on site. I am particularly
interested in finding out more about software that could discriminately log
the access through the server, but am also interested in the use of
surveys - electronic and otherwise.
        I would appreciate any input about methods that you are aware of
and any leads that may guide me to more information.

Thank you,
Priscilla Crane
University of Maryland
College of Information Studies