Re: Criteria for choosing a serials vendor (2 messages) Birdie MacLennan 01 Sep 2000 14:35 UTC

2 messages, 87 lines:

(1)--------------------------------
Date:         Fri, 1 Sep 2000 08:45:50 -0400
From:         Lia Hemphill <lia@NOVA.EDU>
Subject:      Re: Criteria for choosing a serials vendor?

Phyllis

We are currently doing an evaluation of our serial vendors.  We found the
following two books very useful.  So, you may want to read "Guide to
performance evaluation of serials vendors" by Association for Library
Collection and Technical Services, 1997 and The RFP Process by Wilkinson
and Thorson.  Both books give you the necessary criteria on judging or
choosing a serial vendor.

Lia Hemphil
tel;fax:954-262 4738
tel;work:954-262 - 4633
url:www.nova.edu
org:Nova Southeastern University
adr:;;3301 College Ave;Ft. Lauderdale;Florida;33314;
email;internet:Lia@nova.edu
title:Head of Collection Development

(2)-----------------------------
Date:         Thu, 31 Aug 2000 16:30:30 -0400
From:         Terence Rose <trose@GW.LIBOFMICH.LIB.MI.US>

Kent,

Thank you for mentioning this source!  I had forgot about this book in my
email.

         Terence Rose <trose@GW.LIBOFMICH.LIB.MI.US>

>>> mulliner@OHIO.EDU 08/31/00 04:24PM >>>
In addition to Terence's recommendations, I would add:
             Guide to performance evaluation of serials vendors
                 / Association for Library Collections & Technical
                 Services, Serials Section Acquisitions Committee
                  Chicago : American Library Association, 1997
                 Acquisitions Guidelines No. 10

                 kent mulliner, ohio university libraries

K. Mulliner       Collection Development Coordinator

Ohio University Libraries               Phone: 740-593-2707
Athens, OH 45701-2978, USA              FAX:    740-593-2708
mulliner@ohio.edu