Cultural Critique nos. 37-40 Stephen Perisho 13 Sep 2000 16:49 UTC

        Just in case there is anyone out there in a similar predicament.
(Not that my question was really answered!)

Steve Perisho
Serials Assistant
Historical Studies-Social Science Library
Institute for Advanced Study
Einstein Drive
Princeton, New Jersey  08540
United States of America

Tel.:  609 734 8378; Fax:  609 951 4515
E-mail:  sperisho@ias.edu

-----Original Message-----
From: Jennifer Moore [mailto:moore053@tc.umn.edu]
Sent: Wednesday, September 13, 2000 10:28 AM
To: sperisho@ias.edu
Cc: 'cultcrit@tc.umn.edu'
Subject: Cultural Critique nos. 37-40

Dear Steve Perisho--

The journal is still published three times a year.

Please go ahead and group Cultural Critique nos. 37-40 together.
>>From that point on, the journals grouped in threes by year should
all fall into the same calendar year; for example, then no. 41-43
will all be 1999 issues, and so on.

Thanks,

Jennifer Moore
Journals Coordinator
University of Minnesota Press
111 Third Avenue South, Suite 290
Minneapolis, MN  55401

From: Stephen Perisho <sperisho@ias.edu>
Date: Mon, 21 Aug 2000 10:45:27 -0400
To: "'cultcrit@tc.umn.edu'" <cultcrit@tc.umn.edu>

        NO REPLY TO DATE.  PLEASE RESPOND!

Steve Perisho
Serials Assistant
Historical Studies-Social Science Library
Institute for Advanced Study
Einstein Drive
Princeton, New Jersey  08540
United States of America

Tel.:  609 734 8378; Fax:  609 951 4515
E-mail:  sperisho@ias.edu

To whom it may concern:

        PLEASE HELP ME GROUP NOS. 37 AND FOLLOWING OF CULTURAL CRITIQUE FOR
BINDING.

        So far as I can tell, Cultural Critique has FROM THE VERY BEGINNING
appeared 3x/year--in the early days Fall, Winter, Spring.  This gives
groupings as follows:  1-3, 4-6, 7-10, . . . 34-36.  But clearly, from no.
41, at least (and there are no indications that I can see that the change
was made earlier than this), the first no. to be published by UMinnPress,
the pattern changed to January/Winter, April/Spring, and October/Fall.  So
nos. 41-43 constitute the volume for the year 1999.  But this leaves FOUR
nos. in the middle, nos. 37-40, all of which continue to state that Cultural
Critique is published 3x/year!  Apparently, therefore, one of the following
belongs to neither the year that precedes, nor the one that follows it:  no.
37 (Fall 1997) or no. 40 (Fall 1998).

        HOW SHOULD THESE BE BOUND?

        I look forward to your reply, and may post it to SERIALST for the
benefit of others who may be in a similar predicament.

        Please respond.

Sincerely,