Re: Bell and Howell/UMI edi invoicing (2 messages) Birdie MacLennan 14 Sep 2000 13:56 UTC

2 messages, 111 lines:

(1)---------------------------
Date:         Wed, 13 Sep 2000 16:28:40 -0400
From:         Eleanor Cook <COOKEI@APPSTATE.EDU>
Subject:      Re: Bell and Howell/UMI edi invoicing

Faxon certainly DOES do electronic invoicing and has for several
years!

About UMI/Bell and Howell or whatever they call themselves today:

I have repeatedly asked/complained/whined about their lack of
electronic invoicing capability. For a couple of years we were able to
get them to send the invoice in an enlarged copy so it was easier to
process - ie, read.

This year's invoice is somewhat clearer to read and they have put
spaces between each line. Very nice.

But if this company can bring us ProQuest, why can't they do
electronic invoicing?  Go figure.

Eleanor I. Cook                                  828-262-2786 (wrk)
Interim Coordinator, Acquisitions                828-262-2773 (fax)
& Serials Coordinator
Materials Processing Team
Belk Library, ASU Box 32026
Appalachian State University
Boone, NC 28608-2026                             cookei@appstate.edu

(2)---------------------------
Date:         Thu, 14 Sep 2000 08:25:25 -0500
From:         "Cynthia M. Coulter" <cynthia.coulter@UNI.EDU>

Carrie,

Like you, we use Faxon for our subscription agent and use Innovative for
our serials and acquisitions online system.  Last year, we purchased the
serials invoice interface from Innovative and have received our serials
invoices since then from Faxon electronically.  What a time saver!  What
once took days and days of manual entry now takes less than 5 hours.  We
have over 3100 subscriptions and really appreciate the electronic option.
Faxon's technical staff proved very helpful in getting it set up.

But, I sure would like to see Bell & Howell (soon to be ProQuest, I hear)
take the same steps.

Cynthia M. Coulter
                               Cynthia M. Coulter
                   Head, Acquisitions Department