Re: How International is the Serialst? Birdie MacLennan 15 Sep 2000 22:57 UTC

Hi Julia,

One way of looking at international ratios of subscriber composition for
SERIALST is to send an email message to the list server
(listserv@list.uvm.edu)  that says :  review serialst by country.  The
server will return a listing of subscribers with a breakdown of the
numbers by country (e.g., 2650+ subscribers in 40 countries).  Out of the
total number of subscribers, approximately 500 are from countries other
than the United States, while 2165 are based in the United States.  There
are indeed some subscribers from African countries ...

You can see the international summary of subscribers
at on the web at: http://www.uvm.edu/~bmaclenn/serstat.txt

(this link is also accessible from the SERIALST web page
at:  http://www.uvm.edu/~bmaclenn/serialst.html  --
in section 1.0, the link to "SERIALST's subscriber base" is periodically
updated with a table of statistical data of country ratios.  you
can also retrieve the most up-to-date version of this info. from the
list server, using the "review ... by country" command, as mentioned
above).

This is strictly statistical info and doesn't really address your
question:

        > How International do you feel is the list?

which I think would make for some interesting discussion, if others would
be so kind as to comment.

Regards, -- Birdie

        Birdie MacLennan
        SERIALST Listowner/Moderator