Re: How International is the Serialst? Jeanette Skwor 19 Sep 2000 13:59 UTC

***Hmm, I wonder what country people think Wisconsin is in?

***You're not as alone as you might think, Lesley, although I'm sure the
distance looms large when added to the irritations.  I share two of your
frustrations:  Until this past July, all invoices were paid by our "mother"
university in Madison, resulting in -at least- a six week delay from the
time an invoice arrived in the mail until the sender received the check.
Eight weeks was just as common.  Because I am in Wisconsin, probably, I
pretty much treated the frantic "You haven't paid!  And therefore are in
supreme danger of having your subscription cut off!!!" as so much hooey and
dispatched them to the filing cabinet with little regard.

***The line missing in the address, I assure you, is not an international
problem, and it's one that is becoming increasingly frequent for me.  In
fact I was going to ask about it on Serialst.  Titles - common titles - that
the library has subscribed to for years have of late been delivered to me by
irate professors or other university staff to whom the offending issue has
been routed (by the mail dept.) with direction to correct the addressing on
"my" subscriptions - "You should put Library on the address."
I *do* put not only Library, but Serials Dept, Cofrin Library, on the
address, and so does my vendor.  It's been that way for years.  But now
issues are coming in with one blank line on the label, between "University
of Wisconsin-Green Bay" and "2420 Nicolet Drive".  I find myself sending
address corrections in, and wondering what will happen at renewal.  Does
anyone know why this is happening?

***You do have my sympathies, Lesley, on all your issues.  It's frustrating
not to have one's "givens" taken into consideration, or worse, to be
penalized for them.  If it's any comfort, I do wish you luck :)

Jeanette L. Skwor                       Email:skworj@uwgb.edu
Serials Dept., Cofrin Library           Phone: (920)465-2670
University of Wisconsin-Green Bay       Fax: (920)465-2783
Green Bay, WI  54311-7001