Re: ENR - Lynn K. Cote 20 Sep 2000 13:40 UTC

We have experienced the same problem with these issues.  My
recollection is that this title has been problematic in the past.  We
are about half-way through creation of Voyager predictive serials
check-in records for our 11,000 serials and these publisher errors
really raise havock for our check-in staff.  In cases such as this
particular one, when a publisher skips, misnumbers and/or re-numbers
to *correct,* I have posted notes to *accept* the issue, regardless
of whether the issue number matches, as long as staff can verify that
the volume and date of the issue matches the next expected piece.
We do not continually update the bibliographic record to reflect
numbering inconsistencies.

***************************
Lynn K. Cote
Serials Receipt Coordinator