Congratulations (Connie Foster) Marcia Tuttle 25 Oct 2000 22:17 UTC

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Wed, 25 Oct 2000 08:52:07 -0500
From: Connie Foster <Connie.Foster@WKU.EDU>
Subject: Congratulations

On behalf of NASIG, I'd like to add congratulations to SERIALST's 10th
anniversary. At NASIG's Trinity conference in 1991, as we enjoyed eating
under the Texas stars (and there was some unusual planetary alignment
that week), Birdie explained to me the novel idea of a discussion list
for anyone interested in serials issues. What was novel in 1991 has
become a mainstay for new and seasoned serials professionals. The
subscriber list attests to  its success and universal appeal.

Certainly the co-moderators, the technical support, and others involved
in making this a long-term investment deserve a hearty congratulations
too for a job well done. We all are better able to seek opinions, share
insights, and nail down that elusive question through SERIALST. The
decision to moderate the list was a crucial one in allowing consistency
and calmness in exchanges.

Thank you, Birdie, for your vision and initiative.

--
Connie Foster
Professor/Serials Coordinator

email: connie.foster@wku.edu  phone: 270-745-6160  fax: 270-745-3958