Statistics for elec. resources (Donnice Cochenour) Marcia Tuttle 25 Oct 2000 22:21 UTC

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Wed, 25 Oct 2000 11:14:05 -0600
From: Donnice Cochenour <dcocheno@manta.library.ColoState.EDU>
Subject: statistics for elec. resources

In a recent local review of how we are counting "volumes held" for
our print collection, the discussion was raised about counting
volumes for electronic journals.  I would like to know if others are
including volume counts for their electronic subscriptions (i.e.
JSTOR titles or IDEAL-Academic Press titles).

We currently count active and inactive subscriptions by title and
volume counts are generated by our binding process.  So these
electronic-only titles are not being counted at the "volumes held"
level.  My Asst. Dean has asked me to query other libraries to see
how they are handling this issue.

Thanks in advance for any/all responses.
Donnice

Donnice Cochenour
Serials Librarian
Colorado State University Libraries