INFO: Commercial binding for periodicals (Susan Tsui) Marcia Tuttle 31 Oct 2000 15:32 UTC

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Tue, 31 Oct 2000 09:23:17 -0500
From: Susan.Tsui@notes.udayton.edu
Subject: Commercial binding for periodicals

I will repeat my answers according to the order of your questions :

1. Yes, we do commercially bound our periodicals on a yearly basis. We
leave the current issues, not bound, on the current shelf for a year.

2. We use Heckman (800-334-3628).  The regular periodical binding cost is
$6.50/per volume.

3. The binding turn-over-time is every two weeks. we feel that the cost is
reasonable. We do save some of the educational periodicals for a later
binding schedule, because they are heavily used in the summer.

good luck,

Susan L. Tsui
Head of Bibliographic Management
Roesch Library