Re: Cost per title... (David Goodman) Marcia Tuttle 23 Oct 2000 13:19 UTC

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Fri, 20 Oct 2000 18:20:40 -0400
From: David Goodman <dgoodman@Princeton.EDU>
Subject: Re: Cost per title... (2 messages)

Peter, the two choices of
> plunge ahead into aggregated journal
> bundles or dig our heels into sticking with individual print subscriptions??

are not the only possibilities. We can (and in my opinion should) continue
getting individual electronic subscriptions to the titles our patrons need.
And I'm sure a publisher would be glad to sell a library an aggregated bundle
of all the print they produce. (Don't laugh--it's no sillier than selling a
library all the electronic. Some of the scientific societies have been selling
such print  packages for years and still continue to. A few even still insist
you take the whole group in paper if you want it in electronic. Now's the
place to laugh.