Team management (Cheryl Riley) Marcia Tuttle 09 Nov 2000 00:48 UTC

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Wed, 8 Nov 2000 14:53:38 -0600
From: Cheryl Riley <riley@LIBSERV.CMSU.EDU>
Subject: Team management

Colleagues,

Our Dean is proposing that we migrate to team management for the
following functions:  reference, instructional services, bibliographic
instruction, systems, and collection development.  I would appreciate it
if some of you who already accepted the team approach would share your
experiences.  We're primarily interested at the advantages and
disadvantages to the approach.  We would be especially interested in any
medium sized academic institutions that have implemented teams.

FYI there doesn't seem to be a need for a team in Technical Services. It
appears that one librarian is all that is necessary for acquisitions and
cataloging.

Thanks in advance.  Any and all input will be appreciated.
Cheryl Riley, A.A., B.B.A., M.L.S., M.B.A., Ed. Spec.
Associate Professor
Central Missouri State University
Warrensburg, MO  64093
Http://library.cmsu.edu/car/cheryl.htm