Re: FYI: Ulrich's is NOT discontinued (David Goodman) Marcia Tuttle 14 Nov 2000 01:26 UTC

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2000 13:51:27 -0400
From: David Goodman <dgoodman@Princeton.EDU>
Subject: Re: FYI: Ulrich's is NOT discontinued (Dan Lester)

I agree with you 100 percent.
Not every research library needs to do it, though more than one should. I
suggest that we may need formal agreements about who will keep paper of what,
on a state, discipline, or  network basis. We can't rely on informal
understandings--yes, Princeton is keeping paper files of Ulrichs and BIP, but
who would have guessed 2 years ago that Princeton would have decided to NOT
obtain or keep paper files for 2000+ of most of its Academic Press Ideal journals.

After paper stops, of course, we will need reliable periodic archiving.