LTA Position (State University of West Georgia) Marcia Tuttle 15 Nov 2000 18:28 UTC

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Wed, 15 Nov 2000 08:52:09 -0500
From: Deborah Harrell <dharrell@WESTGA.EDU>
Subject: LTA Position

POSITION:  Library Technical Assistant (Serials)

DEPARTMENT: Library

NATURE OF WORK:  This position is responsible for ordering, processing for
payment, and maintaining 1400+ journal subscriptions, plus 7000+ Serial
holdings records. It is a paraprofessional position where independent
thinking and decision making skills are necessary. Major job
responsibilities are:  creation and maintenance of Voyager Serials
records; use of Excel for maintaining fund records; interaction with
Cataloging and other Library personnel; interaction with Vendor
representatives; supervision of Serial student workers; other duties as
assigned. Attention to detail and accurancy is essential.

QUALIFICATIONS:  Bachelor's Degree and 2 years library experience
required. Serials or Voyager experience preferred. We are looking for a
person interested in following the technology and the changing field of
Serials management. We offer the opportunity for training and advancement.

SALARY:  $19,781 - $22,748

APPLICATION DEADLINE: December 04, 2000

TO APPLY: Send letter of application, resume, names, addresses and phone
numbers of three professional references to:

Department of Human Resources
Melson Hall
State University of West Georgia, Carrollton, GA 30118.

REFERENCE JOB #0143

Debbie Novak
Ingram Library
State University of West Georgia