Subscription agencies (Karen K. Gibson) Marcia Tuttle 15 Nov 2000 18:30 UTC

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Wed, 15 Nov 2000 09:19:45 -0800
From: "Gibson, Karen K." <karen.gibson@PHYSIO-CONTROL.COM>

I am looking for information on Subscription agencies. Would you be so
kind to answer some questions for me? Thanks in advance for any help you
can give me on this subject!  Please responded to me
(Karen.Gibson@physio-control.com), and I can summarize for the list if
there is interest.

Do you use a subscription agency for ordering your serials?
If so who?
Have you had any experience with any other agencies besides the one you're
now using?
What do you like and/or dislike about your current service?
Has your library ever transitioned from one vendor to another?
What was your experience with this?
What do you like and/or dislike about the invoices, claiming, ordering, etc.
of your current vendor?
Does your agency use software that is accessible via the web for ordering,
invoicing, claiming, etc.?
Do you have the option of creating you own invoices thought the vendor's
online software?
Is this an option that would be attractive to you?
Would you recommend your vendor?
Have you ever handled your own subscriptions directly?
If you've had experience handling your own subscriptions and also using a
agency, how would you compare the two methods?
Do you order/renew monthly, quarterly or annually?
Is your library large, medium or small?
Is your library academic, public or special?

Any other comments?

Thanks!

Karen Gibson
Medtronic Physio-Control