Re: Pulling print issues when microfiche arrives... (Lynne Stevens) Marcia Tuttle 20 Nov 2000 13:36 UTC

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Thu, 16 Nov 2000 15:53:47 -0500
From: Lynne Stevens <lstevens@RMWC.EDU>
Subject: Re: Pulling print issues when microfiche arrives... (Buddy Pennin
                gton)

I pull the print issues when the fiche arrives, except for those titles for
which we retain both print and fiche (some art journals) and titles for
which I have not yet received no.1 of the next volume.

As I check in titles for which we have not gotten that next no.1, I do
remove the issues from the online subscription summary, and put a public
note: "Current issues retained until microfiche received."  I keep the
volume on the shelf, though.  I keep a list of those titles, and
periodically (no pun intended -- well, maybe) check to see if that
next-volume no.1 has come in.  If so, I pull the issues of the old volume
and take the note off the subscription summary screen.  The checklist also
serves as a red flag that there may be a problem with the print
subscriptions for those titles.

Lynne N. Stevens
Serials Coordinator
Lipscomb Library