Manuscript Tracking Software/Systems (Gerry Mckiernan) Marcia Tuttle 24 Nov 2000 13:50 UTC

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Wed, 22 Nov 2000 15:31:56 -0600
From: Gerry Mckiernan <GMCKIERN@GWGATE.LIB.IASTATE.EDU>
Subject: Manuscript Tracking Software/Systems

                       _Manuscript Tracking Software/Systems_

   I am greatly interested in a _review article or two_ that generally
describes and profiles selected Manuscript Tracking Software/Systems and
their use by journal publishers.  Manuscript Tracking Software/Systems
permit authors to submit manuscripts, editors to track the manuscripts
during the peer review process, and some cases [?] allow publishers to
expedite the publication of accept submissions. An example of a Manuscript
Tracking Software/System is PaperPath [ http://www.paperpath.com/]; others
can be identified by a Google search on the keywords ,e,g. 'Manuscript
tracking'.

  I have searched ERIC and Library Literature and Business and Company
ASAP, and Lexis-Nexis/Academic Universe but do not find relevant
documents. This is somewhat puzzling as Manuscript Tracking
Software/Systems seem to have been adopted by a number of major journal
publishers.

  As Always, Any and All contributions, suggestions, comments, queries,
cosmic insights, etc, are Most Welcome.

/Gerry McKiernan
Tracking Librarian
Iowa State University