Re: Business Directories -- Leslie Burke Stephen D. Clark 12 Dec 2000 16:36 UTC

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: Business Directories -- Sarah D. Tusa
Date: Tue, 12 Dec 2000 09:56:04 -0600
From: Leslie Burke <lburke@ebsco.com>

This shady practice happened a lot at my former corporate library and
the
names of the directories are similar to others we might get.  They did
try
to imply that we'd done this in previous years -- probably because
someone
at the company got burned. Often we'd end up with a cd of information
for
$297 which we could have gotten free off the Internet.  I considered
this to
be similar to the old copier toner scams that turn up.

Leslie Burke