Re: Receipt of "orders" never made (was Business directories) -- Rick Anderson Stephen D. Clark 13 Dec 2000 13:24 UTC

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: Receipt of "orders" never made (was Business directories)
--Ann Doyle
Date: Tue, 12 Dec 2000 09:52:55 -0800
From: Rick Anderson <rickand@unr.edu>

> My very favorite way to deal with these things that occasionally turn up
> in
> the mail is to write a standard gift-acknowledgement form-letter to
> them.  They always call me back as soon as that letter hits their desk
> and
> make arrangements for the immediate return of the materials at their
> expense.

I have a form letter like that too, only it cites the section of the US
Code
that allows us to treat such shipments as gifts, and it informs the
publisher that not only will I not pay for the item, but I also will not
invest the staff time necessary to ship it back.

Rick Anderson
Electronic Resources/Serials Coordinator
The University Libraries
University of Nevada, Reno
1664 No. Virginia St.
Reno, NV  89557