Re: Suggestions for muslim magazines -- Lucy Duhon Stephen D. Clark 01 Feb 2001 18:32 UTC

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: Suggestions for muslim magazines -- Wendy Isom
Date: Thu, 1 Feb 2001 12:13:02 -0500
From: Lucy Duhon <LDuhon@utnet.utoledo.edu>

Try Echo of Islam.  We get it as a gift.  It's a general magazine of the
Islamic Thought Foundation out of Iran.  It covers news, economy,
religion, art and culture, health, etc..  It should provide a good
balance in your collection.

Request the journal from:

Echo of Islam
P.O. Box 14155-3899
Tehran, Islamic Republic of Iran

www.iran-itf.com/echo_of_Islam.html

Lucy Duhon
Serials Librarian
Carlson Library/Serials Dept.
University of Toledo
Toledo, OH  43606

(419) 530-2838
(419) 530-2726 [fax]
lucy.duhon@utoledo.edu <mailto:lucy.duhon@utoledo.edu>

Date: Thu, 1 Feb 2001 09:40:18 -0000
From: Wendy Isom <wisom@PUB-LIB.CI.ARLINGTON.TX.US>

Yesterday, a patron objected to the cover of this month's _Moment_
magazine.
For those who don't suscribe, Moment is a Jewish publication. This
particular cover features a male sniper covered in the fashion of a
Muslim
woman. Our patron, a Muslim woman, was concerned with the message behind
the
image. As a result, our director is looking into both Moment's history,
and
the possibility of carrying an additional Muslim magazine. I would
greatly
appreciate any or all of the following:

-your thoughts on Moment magazine
-your thoughts on _Al Jumuah_, an Islamic magazine we currently receive
as a
gift subscription.
-suggestions for other Muslim/Islamic publications

As always, thanks to everyone for their time!

Wendy

Wendy Isom
Senior Reference Assistant - Periodicals
Arlington Public Library