Re: Circulating periodicals -- 2 messages Stephen D. Clark 12 Feb 2001 16:25 UTC

2 messages:

1)------------------------------

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: Circulating periodicals -- Jennifer Keach
Date: Mon, 12 Feb 2001 08:45:14 -0500
From: Lori Thornton <lthornton@cn.edu>

We allow students to check out 3 periodicals (including current ones)
for 1
day at Carson-Newman.  I had never worked in a library with this policy
before and was a bit skeptical; however, it really has not been that
bad.
I don't see any more loss or mutiliation than I'd expect otherwise--and
perhaps even a bit less than if we had a more restrictive policy.  Since
we
send a bill for replacement costs and processing fairly quickly, they
usually return them.

Lori Thornton, Asst. Prof.
Technology & Serials Librarian
Carson-Newman College