Serials Policy and Procedures help (M. Lou Nesson) ERCELAA@ctrvax.Vanderbilt.Edu 19 Feb 2001 14:20 UTC

Date: Sat, 17 Feb 2001 09:48:52 -0500
From: "M. Lou Nesson" <mlnesson@gis.net>
Subject: Serials Policy and procedures help

I am newly assigned to the management of the Serials Dept in a Community
College. I did not study much about serials in library school and my
predecessor left no paperwork to allow for easy pick-up of the
procedures and policies in use. There is nothing in writing.

I have been asked to get the dept. in order and to develop some
guidelines to be followed by everyone in the library. We have a small
staff so it is necessary for all of us to step in and handle various
departments quite often.

If anyone has a policy and/or procedure manual for your library that I
could use as a guide I would appreciate your sharing it so I don't have
to re-invent the wheel, just re-design it a little to suit our library.

Please e-mail me directly at home, the Library e-mail server has been
experiencing some major server problems and I have not had consistent
access for a week.

M. Lou Nesson
 Assistant Librarian - Serials
Massasoit Community College