Journal of Marriage and Family (Lynne Stevens) ERCELAA@ctrvax.Vanderbilt.Edu 19 Feb 2001 18:47 UTC

Date: Mon, 19 Feb 2001 12:44:57 -0500
From: Lynne Stevens <lstevens@RMWC.EDU>
Subject: Journal of Marriage and Family

Another Monday, another name change.  In an effort which "better represents
our mission," the National Council on Family Relations has changed Journal
of Marriage and the Family to Journal of Marriage and Family.  I know you
are all as excited as I am about this.  ISSN, publication pattern, and
publisher have not changed.  One library (not DLC) has entered a marc record
in OCLC for the new title.

While I am usually very much in favor of using the absolutely-correct marc
record, I wonder if, in this case, the use of a second record for such a
similar title would be more confusing to our patrons than the correctness of
it is worth.  One option would be to add a 740 note to the current record,
so that both titles would be indexed in our ILS.

Opinions and suggestions are anticipated and will be appreciated!

Lynne N. Stevens
Serials Coordinator
Lipscomb Library
Randolph-Macon Woman's College