Re: Journal of Marriage and Family (2 messages) ERCELAA@ctrvax.Vanderbilt.Edu 19 Feb 2001 20:02 UTC

2 messages:

1)______

Date: Mon, 19 Feb 2001 14:11:17 -0500
From: Werner Lind <wlind@MAIL.BLUEFIELD.EDU>
Subject: Re: Journal of Marriage and Family (Lynne Stevens)
Sender: "SEREDIT:  SERIALST Editors" <SEREDIT@LIST.UVM.EDU>
To: SEREDIT@LIST.UVM.EDU

I agree with you.  The option of a simple 740 note seems like the most practical
way to
proceed.  Few or none of your patrons will care about the presence or absence of
one
article in the periodical's title.

--
Werner A. Lind
Reference Librarian

2)_____

Date: Mon, 19 Feb 2001 14:14:49 -0500
From: Nancy Burns <nburns@PHOENIX.PRINCETON.EDU>

        If they've only dropped the word "the", correctness demands no
title change.  From AACR2 21.2A1:

        "In general, consider a title proper to have changed if any word
OTHER THAN AN ARTICLE, preposition, or conjunction is added, deleted, or
changed ..." (emphasis mine)

        You need only add a 246, e.g.:
246     1 _     |i Issues for 2001-    have title: |a Journal of marriage
                and family

                                Nancy Burns
                                Cataloging Unit IV (Serials)
                                Princeton University Library