ACRL Library Statistics cataloging question (Donna Sue Yanney) ERCELAA@ctrvax.Vanderbilt.Edu 01 Mar 2001 14:37 UTC

Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2001 22:24:20 -0500
From: Donna Sue Yanney <dyanney@MAIL.GCSU.EDU>
Subject: ACRL Library Statistics cataloging question

I have in front of me both volumes of the 1998 and 1999 "Academic Library
Trends and Statistics for Carnegie Classification: ..."  From the
introduction of the 1998 set, I assume it to be continuing "ACRL University
Library Statistics."  However, when I check OCLC the dates for "ACRL
University Library Statistics" (oclc 6829666) have not been closed nor has
a 785 been added.  The records for the new titles (oclc 43252603 and
42920948) don't have a 780 for the previous title.

Does anyone out there have any more information?  Does ACRL plan to
continue publishing both the old biennial title and the new annual two
volume set?

Thanks much,

Donna

Donna Sue Yanney, Serials Librarian