Re: Inserting tattle-tapes in periodical issues Debra Gomes 07 Mar 2001 16:59 UTC

Leslie,

   We also strip our unbound issues - mostly current issues.  We also
use the 6 1/2 inch 3M tattle tape, which we order from the Highsmith
Catalog for $144.95 per box.  Gaylord also has the tattle
tape, which costs $151.05.
      We used to put the strips in the same place in each journal
issue, but recently patrons have figured out where the strips are and
have started to tear out those pages.  As a result we have started to
vary where we place the strips in order to make it more difficult for
the patrons to locate.  It's working so far.

Debra J. Gomes              e-mail:  elmslib@cwmars.org
Serials/System Librarian     Phone:  413-594-2761   ext. 316
Elms College                Fax:  413-594-7418
Alumnae Library
291 Springfield St.
Chicopee, Ma  01013-2839