Student request (Connie Foster) Marcia Tuttle 20 Apr 2001 23:29 UTC

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Fri, 20 Apr 2001 08:29:57 -0500
From: Connie Foster <Connie.Foster@WKU.EDU>
Subject: Student request

I recently attended the United Kingdom Serials Group meeting in Edinburgh and
met so many enthusiastic and knowledgeable people. One young man talked with
me (as I was representing NASIG) about his deep interest in coming to the U.S.
for any short-term or temporary (longer term) work experience. He does not yet
have a library science degree but wants library experience before studying for
the graduate degree. His college major areas were mathematics and French.
I promised that I would post this as widely as I could since some of you may
have special, temporary projects for which he might qualify. The work or
project does not necessarily have to be in serials--any area of library work
is acceptable.
His name is Steve Poyer and his email is stevepoyer@hotmail.com. He is quite
willing to do any paper work, contacts, etc. if anyone can provide ideas. I
felt that disseminating this per a widely subscribed to list would be the best
way to assist in his efforts to gain library experience and show a willingness
to help someone interested in librarianship.
Thank you for any consideration you can give to him.
Connie Foster
Western Kentucky University Libraries
Bowling Green KY

--