Re: Bar coding serials (Carol Morse) Marcia Tuttle 27 Apr 2001 00:22 UTC

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2001 17:08:30 -0700
From: Carol Morse <MorsCa@WWC.EDU>
Subject: Re: Bar coding serials (Dan Lester)

We target specific titles that are heavily used.  (Our students are
allowed to check out periodicals).  When bound vols. come back from the
bindery, we delete all those item records from the system, and put the new
barcode as in any book, and make a new item record.  It would clutter up
the system to barcode everything, since all those items appear on the
screen, and item record cost money, etc. Carol Morse

Carol Morse                                                  Tel.  509) 527-2684
Serials Librarian                                             Fax 509) 527-2001
Walla Walla College Library                     Email  morsca@wwc.edu
104 S.W. Adams St.
College Place, WA  99324-1195

Give us strength for the journey and wisdom to know the way.