Re: Clinical Neurophysiology, Volume 111, Suppl. 1 (Paul Hoffman) Marcia Tuttle 27 Apr 2001 15:25 UTC

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Fri, 27 Apr 2001 10:06:43 -0400
From: Paul Hoffman <nkuitse@UMICH.EDU>
Subject: Re: Clinical Neurophysiology, Volume 111, Suppl. 1 (Cindy Hepfer)

Thanks for the info.  Sure enough, our library had also claimed this
supplement.

[Elly Tjoa had written:]

>> Dear Ms. Hepfer,
>> I received your e-mail from John Tagler about the above issue and I'll
>> try to explain the situation.
>>
>> Once in a while we publish the abstracts for congresses of Member
>> Societies of the International Federation of Clinical Neurophysiology
>> (IFCN) for use at the congress only. The congress organization orders and
>> pays for just enough issues needed for the participants and the issue is
>> not for distribution to the subscribers. [...]

Fair enough.  But why do they put the title _Clinical neurophysiology_ on
these?

>> I realize this is confusing for you librarians, but for production we
>> have to number this kind of issues.

They should use a *separate* numbering for these -- e.g., "Abstracts
Supplement 1" or "Supplement A" -- so we don't see a gap.  Sheesh!

Our library will always claim supplements like this, even if we *know*
they're not included in our subscription; maybe eventually the publisher
will get a clue and stop doing this.

>> I trust that this information is useful to you.
>> With kind regards,
>> Mrs. Elly H. Tjoa
>> Associate Publishing Editor
>> Neuroscience Publ. Group
>> Elsevier Science Amsterdam

Paul.

--
Paul Hoffman :: Taubman Medical Library :: Univ. of Michigan
nkuitse@umich.edu :: http://www-personal.umich.edu/~nkuitse/