Re: Routing procedures (Ellen Kozisek) Marcia Tuttle 06 Apr 2001 20:03 UTC

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Fri, 6 Apr 2001 14:38:26 -0500
From: Ellen Kozisek <ekozisek@KCKPL.LIB.KS.US>
Subject: Re: Routing procedures

> Date: Wed, 4 Apr 2001 09:52:36 -0500
> From: Claire Duncan <Claire.Duncan@TEXMED.ORG>
> Subject: Routing procedures
>
> Hello all,
>
> We are wondering what methods libraries are using to route journals
> -specifically what are they doing about routing slips.  We currently print
> out the routing slips from our automated check in serials module, cut, and
> attach to the journals with staples.  Is there a better way?  Is anyone
> doing this differently?  Thanks in advance for your feedback!

We do the printed out and stapled routing slip for the stuff that
routes, but what we do for most of the staff reading journals is we give
them a barcode, and then we use the online hold system.  Staff who want
them place holds (or have holds placed for them) and check them out in
circulation.

Ellen Kozisek
Kansas City, Kansas Public Library