Re: Managing faculty subscriptions? (Susan Zappen) Marcia Tuttle 09 Apr 2001 13:23 UTC

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Fri, 6 Apr 2001 18:30:27 -0400
From: Susan Zappen <szappen@SKIDMORE.EDU>

I would suggest having your business office set up a separate account with
your subscription agent. I have done this at two different colleges. It
does work. Do not try to do this in the library. You can easily end up
giving away a half time to a full time library position to this job. I've
experienced this situation as well. It does not work. It makes good sense
for the business office/purchasing department to handle these subscriptions
because they have access to the separate departmental funds and can do the
job much more efficiently.

At 03:39 PM 4/6/01 -0400, you wrote:
>agent. They are finding it a difficult process. How do other colleges handle
>the faculty subscriptions? Do you know of any libraries that have managed the
>process? Or college business office having their own account with a
>subscription agents separate from the library account? Any advice would be
>appreciated.
>Anne Lynch
>Periodicals Librarian
>Simmons College Libraries