Donations (Leslie Berger) Marcia Tuttle 11 Apr 2001 23:15 UTC

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2001 16:35:43 -0400
From: Leslie Berger <Leslie.Berger@PO-BOX.ESU.EDU>
Subject: Donations

Friends,

      As a fairly new periodicals librarian I am wondering about the
legalities, etc. of donations of a title from an individual to a library. A
faculty member here wants to give us back copies of a title that he
currently subscribes to. He's also willing to give us the more recent issues
when he's finished with them. Will we run afoul of the publisher if he
donates current issues of a current subscription to our University Library?
I'd appreciate hearing from those of you who have more experience than I
with this.

     Thanks in advance for the input

   Leslie Berger
   Kemp Library

Leslie A. Berger
Periodicals/Electronic Resources Librarian
Kemp Library
East Stroudsburg University
East Stroudsburg, PA 18301-2988
(570)422-3597