Re: International Financial Statistics Yearbook (Jeanette Skwor) Marcia Tuttle 12 Apr 2001 21:36 UTC

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Thu, 12 Apr 2001 08:42:40 -0500
From: "Skwor, Jeanette" <skworj@UWGB.EDU>
Subject: Re: International Financial Statistics Yearbook (Rani Sinha)

***Oh my, yes!  What I do is politely (although sometimes the gritted teeth
do show ;) list every claim I made, the date, the manner in which it was
claimed and to whom (vendor or publisher, vendor rep by phone, paper,
whatever) and end pointedly with I *have* been claiming and we will *not*
pay twice for the same publication.

***Sometimes it's been the publisher (or fulfillment house?) themselves that
send me cards saying, oh that hasn't been published yet, or a card saying
they require a label, and after several months of hoop-jumping-through, I
get the "Sorry you claimed too late" message, and then the growls can be
heard through the clenched teeth.

***In other words, I do not respond well to the aforementioned message,
and generally get what I need.  I think you need to have a very firm talk
with your vendor rep.  You can always cancel the standing order with them;
sometimes the "extra work" is less in the long run.

Jeanette L. Skwor
Serials Dept. - Cofrin Library
University of Wisconsin - Green Bay
2420 Nicolet Drive
Green Bay, WI 54311

Phone:  (920) 465-2670         Fax: (920) 465-2783