UMAP modules (Lorie Wies) Marcia Tuttle 10 May 2001 21:19 UTC

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Thu, 10 May 2001 16:22:39 -0400
From: Lorie Wies <wiesl@UNION.EDU>
Subject: UMAP modules

Fellow listers,

Having spent the entire day trying to sort through what record goes with
what publication, I am appealing to your collective wisdom.

We are currently receiving the UMAP Journal ( issn 0197-3622); for this
pub,  there exists a "good" bib record. In addition, we have received,
since 1982,  UMAP Modules: tools for Teaching . My dilemma is this:
apparently there was a publication of this title which ran from 1979-1993
and then "ceased" according to the OCLC record. In 1994, a special edition
was published, under a seperate ISBN. In 1995, an additional monograph was
published- UMAP Modules: tools for teaching-  has a distinct oclc record as
well. Then, in 1996, subsequent annual additions of the "tools for
teaching" are cataloged either seperately under their individual ISBN's or,
creatively under a serial record in oclc.

My question is this: How are others handling the annual editions- under the
not so great serial record or seperately as monographs? We do not class our
periodicals, but shelve them alphabetically by title; for anyone who
catalogues individually, do you shelve them in the general stacks?

thanks for your time!!

Lorie Wies
Loraine M. Wies
Periodicals / Acquisitions Librarian