Re: Serial holdings statements -- J. Shore Stephen D. Clark 11 Jun 2001 18:36 UTC

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: Serial holdings statements
Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2001 14:26:17 -0400
From: "J. Shore" <shorej@thpl.org>

> Is there a standard language for retention information?  We
> need to input retention information in our local note field
> 590 and we wonder if there's an existing standard language
> for this kind of information?

I've also looked for a standard for retention information. The only
source I've found discussing it is OCLC's Union List User Guide.
(Available online at http://www.oclc.org/oclc/man/4141ulug/ (Note: If
you can't click this link and need to retype it, the last part is
four-one-four-one-U-L-U-G)) Section 4.7 discusses local notes and
provides examples.

HTH,
J.

--