Claim response received as PDF file (Jeanne Langendorfer) ERCELAA@ctrvax.Vanderbilt.Edu 10 Jul 2001 15:40 UTC

Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2001 10:00:13 -0400
From: Jeanne Langendorfer <jlangen@BGNET.BGSU.EDU>
Subject: Claim response received as PDF file

Hello!

Today I received a claim response in electronic form (PDF) from a publisher
via our vendor.  This is a first for us.  Of course, for the short term, I
can print it out and bind it to put in the stacks.  For the longer term,
questions arise about the number of issues that might come to us
electronically, work flow, staff time, binding costs, etc.  I wonder what
would be involved in making electronic issues available on a
server.  Questions of copyright, access by authorized users only, etc. come
to mind.

I am interested in hearing about the experience others might have had in
this regard, and/or about the kinds of questions I should ask.

Thanks,

Jeanne M. Langendorfer          Voice: 419.372.8681
Coordinator of Serials                  FAX:   419.372.7996
Jerome Library                  Email: jlangen@bgnet.bgsu.edu
Bowling Green State University
1001 E. Wooster
Bowling Green, OH 43403-0170  USA